Courses and Programs Committee
The Courses and Programs Committee (CPC) is responsible for formulating and recommending to Academic Senate Council policies and procedures related to the programs and courses offered by the district. The CPC acts by means of careful study and open discussion to assure the district’s curriculum has consistent quality, rigor, and compliance with state regulations and standards, as well as with district policies and procedures, including ensuring that course outlines of record include student learning outcomes. Routine curricular matters are recommended to the Academic Senate Council for ratification on its consent calendar and forwarded directly to the Board of Trustees for final approval.
Faculty member appointed by the Academic Senate president. The CPC chair has no term limit.
The full CPC membership consists of fourteen full-time faculty, one associate faculty, three administrators, including the vice president of Instructional Services, two classified staff (one evaluator and one whose job duties relate to curriculum), and one student, all of whom are selected by their appropriate constituent group.
The faculty members are selected to represent the following curricular areas:
- Five faculty members who represent general education: one each who teaches in English, math, natural sciences, art and humanities (excluding English), and social and behavioral sciences. (Note: If a faculty member from this group takes an absence during the academic year or if no one volunteers to serve, the substitute faculty member cannot be from a department already represented on the committee.)
- Two faculty members from CTE.
- One faculty member from each of the following: counseling, non-credit, and pre-transfer.
- The faculty director of Online Education.
- The articulation officer.
Administrators have no terms, thus no term limits, on their participation. The full-time faculty members, including the chair, serve three-year terms (renewable with no term limits), with the exception of the articulation officer, faculty director of Online Education, and faculty members with as-needed expertise (such as the honors coordinator) who are permanent members of the committee. The associate faculty member serves one term that is renewable.
Second and fourth Thursdays of each month, 2-4:00 p.m. in OC1202
Committee Members 2017-2018
- Peter Avery, GE - Area A
- Joanne Benschop, Articulation Officer
- Robert Bond, Area D (substitute)
- Rick Cassoni, GE - Area E
- William Gunn, GE - Area C
- Linda Haar - Area D
- Jim Julius, Director Online Education
- Andrew Layton, GE - Area C/CTE
- Curry Mitchell, Basic Skills
- David Parker, CTE
- Erika Peters, GE - Area B
- Jed Schlueter, Counseling
- Christopher Sleeper, Honors Coordinator
- Angela Senigaglia, Chair
- Peter Ovwiovwio, Associate Faculty
- Nicole Beachboard, Student Representative
- Stacy Ingham, Classified
- Sinclair Tirona, Classified
- Diane Dieckmeyer, Administrator
- Nikki Schaper, Administrator
- Al Taccone, Administrator