Fun in the Sun: Santa Monica & Venice Beach Boardwalk
Saturday, September 16
Join us as we visit Downtown Santa Monica’s 3rd Street Promenade where you can eat, shop, and play in this laid-back beach city with world class shopping. Explore the 8.3 square miles worth of retail shops, restaurants, and attractions. Located just a half-mile walk from 3rd Street, you can get your feet wet on the sandy beach or take a stroll down the famous Santa Monica Pier to ride the Ferris wheel and historic Hippodrome carousel. Enjoy the interactive exhibits at the aquarium located below the carousel or, for the enthusiastic shopper, visit the many unique and well-known shops throughout the area. Afterwards, stroll the promenade or pull up a bench for some good-old-fashioned people watching. While shopping on 3rd Street Promenade be sure to catch a glimpse of the musical street performers. But the fun doesn't end here. Hop back on the bus for a quick stop at Venice Beach.
Venice Beach continues to be an important Los Angeles cultural center. Here, you will end the day with a unique shopping experience and a sophisticated afternoon of art and music.
Fee: Book Early for $59. For booking made after 9/9, fee will increase to $79.
Guide: Debi Hetherington (staff)
Activity Level: Easy (Moderate with a lot of walking if you plan to explore the surroundings)
Depart: 8 AM. Return: approx 6 PM.
• Wear very comfortable walking shoes. Dress casually and in layers of clothing or bring a jacket for cool weather.
• Sunscreen and/or hat is recommended if you plan to be outdoors the majority of the time.
• There will be a no-host lunch.
Excursion Rules & Regulations:
• Refunds will be granted no later than five working days before the excursion. There will be a $25 cancellation fee if the excursion is full and a replacement can be found. No refunds will be granted after the excursion has taken place.
• The bus will depart on time. Pick up and drop off at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus, Parking Lot 1A. Day parking permits are required at MiraCosta College, Oceanside Campus. Parking permit may be purchased from machine in Parking Lot 1-A. Day parking fee is $1.
• Anyone missing the bus will not receive a refund.
• MiraCosta College reserves the right to make itinerary changes if necessary.
• Any excursion may be cancelled due to low enrollment.
• Seating arrangements on the bus will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
• Those who have difficulty sitting at the rear of the bus are advised to arrive early.
• No smoking is permitted on the bus.