Don't let probation stand in your way, good academic standing is only a workshop away!
Students at MiraCosta College can be placed on two different types of probation; academic and/or progress probation. Furthermore, students on probation for the first time they will recieve a First Time Probation hold that prevents all further registration until the student attends a Probation to Graduation Workshop
- A student has attempted a minimum of twelve (12) semester units resulting in grade point average of less than a "C" (2.0)
- Academic probation will be removed when the student's cumulative grade point average is 2.0 or highter.
- A student has attempted a total of at least twelve (12) semester units and fifty percent (50%) or more of attempted units resulted in grades of "W"(withdrawl), "I" (incomplete), "NC" (no credit), or "NO" (no pass)
- Progress probation will be removed when the percentage of units completed is above fifty percent (50%) of attempted units
How to Remove the First Time Probation Hold
The First Time Probation old is place on your SURF account and will prevent enrollment for the next semester
- Students MUST attend a Probation to Graduation Workshop in order to have the First Time Probation hold removed
- Students placed on probation are notified by email from Admissions and Records after each semester. This is also posted on their permanent record
- A student on academic or progress probation for three consecutive semesters may be subject to dismissal
- Probation is based on cumulative coursework and may take several semesters to improve
- Students should contact the Financial Aid Office regarding academic progress requirements for federal aid eligibility. Different requirements will apply
- EOPS, DSPS, CalWORKs, RAFFFY and Military Affiliated/Veterans students are excluded from the First Time Probation hold and may have program specific requirements when on academic and/or progress probation