The Emerging Leaders Institute
The Emerging Leaders Institute (ELI) is a not-for-credit certificate program dedicated to helping MiraCosta College students become prominent and well-prepared leaders in their community, on campus and in their future careers. ELI will complement students' education by teaching them skills and knowledge necessary for effective leadership.
- Friday, September 22, 2017; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, OC3516
- Friday, September 29, 2017; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, OC3516
- Friday, February 2, 2018; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, SAN Student Center Conference Room
- Friday, February 9, 2018; 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, SAN Student Center Conference Room
ELI certificate program participants willl:
- Acquire the building blocks to effective leadership
- Learn to take an active leadership role in your community
- Understand how to have meaningful interactions with a diverse group of people
- Meet community and campus leaders who wish to share their leadership experiences with you
- Learn techniques to communicate effectively
- Enhance important life skills
- Learn about various opportunities in becoming a student leader at MiraCosta
- Supplement your in-class education with out-of-class experiences
- Network with students, faculty, staff and community members
- Become an advocate for change
The program consists of a series of one and two-hour workshops in leadership skill development and a service project. The workshops will be offered each semester. After completing the program, students will receive a Leadership Certificate.
ELI Fall 2017 Participants
For additional information call or stop by the Student Life & Leadership Office at 760-757-2121, ext. 6890 or email us at email@example.com.
San Elijo Office
Student Center Room 929
P 760.944.4449 x7782