Other Scholarships Available
MiraCosta College receives many solicitations to post scholarship information on our website. Because these solicitations come from various entities and it is difficult to discern what is a legitimate opportunity versus a scam, our office has partnered with iGrad to filter the scholarship opportunities submitted to this office.
- Students: to search current scholarships, go to iGrad Scholarship Search
- Outside Organizations: submit your organizations’ scholarship by completing the iGrad Scholarship Submission Form
- iGrad Scholarship Promise
Table of Contents
- Essay-Blog-Video-Photo-Art Scholarships
- Scholarships (listed by due date)
- Disability-Related Scholarships
- Foster Youth Scholarships
- Health Profession Scholarships
- Hispanic Latino Scholarships
- Military Scholarships
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- 4-Year Colleges and Universities
- Website List
ZipRecruiter is offering a $3,000 quarterly scholarship(every 3 months)and the next deadline is December 31st.
Is looking for a single page submission to 1 of 2 prompts:
1. Describe an experience a student has had with a college campus or hometown
2. Provide an overview of the job market that is unique to your city (e.g. popular industries, companies, opportunities)
San Diego Web Design Scholarship for MiraCosta
My name is Anita and I'm the owner of ACA Web Consulting. As an alumnus of the MAT program (previously IMT) at MiraCosta, I am forever greatful for the skills I learned that have enabled me to run a successful digital marketing agency in Carlsbad. I believe studetns who are enrolled in the MAT program have an opportunity to have successful careers in the digital margeting world or perhaps start your own business like I did. I want to encourage students who are curre tly in the MAT Program by offering a San Diego Web Design Scholarship of $500. This is twice a year scholarship, one for the fall and one for the spring semester to two seperate recipients.
Apply in the link below.
Back to top
Comfy PC Work Internet Marketing $1,000 Scholarship. Essay: 500-1,000 words on the advantage of internet marketing. Click here for details. Deadline: December 20, 2017
The NaviReview $500 Scholarship. Open to all students currently enrolled in a college or university. Essay: 500-1,000 words on a topic related to computers or technology. Click here for details. Deadline: December 20, 2017
Fit&Me Stay Fit and Healthy $1,000 Scholarship. Essay: 800 – 1000 words “What would be your plan to promote a fitter and healthier lifestyle among students?” Click here for more details. Deadline: December 31, 2017
Back to top
Scholarships (listed by due date)
Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Scholarships For information on Phi Theta Kappa at MiraCosta College, contact Julie Bollerud, Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Student Services, Administration Bldg. 1000, Oceanside campus. Click here for Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society - Associate Degree Scholarships - deadlines vary
P.E.O. Women Scholarships (Philanthropic Educational Organization) Grants up to $3,000 to females enrolled at MiraCosta College, attending full-time (12 units), who have had a lapse of at least 24 consecutive months as a student at some time, are within 24 consecutive months of completing educational goal (A.A or certificate), enrolled in a program leading to work or job advancement.
- P.E.O. TJ Chapter Olga E. Cartwright Scholarship for women currently pursuing a degree at a four-year institution. Must be a U.S. citizen, cumulative 2.75 or greater GPA, and receives a vote of P.E.O. Chapter TJ. To request the online application form, email: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadlines: Spring: February 15 and Fall: November 15
- P.E.O. TJ Chapter Allegra M. Combes Scholarship for women currently pursuing a degree in the field of creative arts (drama or theater, music, film, creative writing, graphic design, photography, culinary and visual arts), enrolled full-time in college, studying the arts, a U.S. citizen, and has financial need. To request the online application form, email: email@example.com Deadlines: Spring: February 15, Fall: November 15th
- P.E.O. Chapter VL Rancho Santa Fe - Click here to download application - Questions, contact Debbie Beauchesne. Deadline: Friday, October 13
- P.E.O. Chapter FPS Del Mar, CA - Click here for details and download application - Questions: contact Barbara Greenstein - Deadline: closed
- P.E.O. Chapter ND Vista, CA - Click here for details and download application - Deadline: closed
Back to top
NEWH: The Hospitality Industry Network Scholarships. Review the website for scholarship opportunities offered throughout the year. Click here for details and download application. Annual Deadline: September 30
NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) scholarships offered each year to undergraduate and graduate students to support their travel needs and expenses to attend the annual NAMM Show at the Anaheim Convention Center in January.
- NAMM William S. Grad Scholarship deadline July 31
- NAMM $600 President's Innovation Award deadline: September 30
Back to top
Griswold Home Care $1,000 Scholarship to a qualified student pursuing a associates, bachelor’s, graduate, or professional degree at an accredited college or university. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: November 1
NEWH Orange County $2,500 Hospitality Scholarships. Awarding scholarships at a NEWH Orange County Regional event in December 2016. Open to hospitality major students attending college in: San Diego County, Orange County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Imperial County and Hawaii. Download Application. Annual Deadline: November
Back to top
Women's "Live Your Dream" Soroptimist Scholarships. Eligibility: Women, head of household with the primary financial responsibility of herself and her dependents, Must be attending an undergraduate degree program or vocational/skills training program, and have a financial need. Submit a Live Your Dream application with two reference forms. Click here for Reference forms. Click here for Letter of Recommendation tips. Apply to only ONE of the local Chapters listed below by November 15
- Soroptimist International Oceanside-Carlsbad Chapter Scholarships. Click here to review the Eligibility Checklist. Submit the application and two Reference forms. Click here for details and to apply. Annual Deadline: November 15
- Soroptimist International Rancho Bernard Chapter Scholarships. Submit the application and two Reference forms. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: November 15
- Soroptimist International Vista-North County Inland Chapter Scholarships. Submit the application and two Reference forms,.and Click here for details. Annual Deadline: November 15
- Soroptimist International La Mesa Chapter Scholarships. Download application and two Reference forms. Questions, contact Jennifer Cosio or 619.548.9375. Annual Deadline: November 15
- Soroptimist International Laguna Beach Chapter Scholarship Click here for eligibility requirements, the application, and two Reference forms. Annual Deadline: November 15
- Soroptimist International La Jolla Scholarships. Submit the application and two Reference forms, Annual Deadline: November 15
Back to top
Asian & Pacific Islander American (APIASF) General Scholarship. Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) high school and college students who will be enrolling or are currently enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university as a degree-seeking undergraduate student. Multiple scholarship opportunities. Click here for details. Click here for scholarship application resources. Annual Deadline: January
Back to top
The San Diego Foundation Scholarships for students who are committed to education and college success, have a 2.5 or greater GPA, participate in community service and/or extracurricular activities and/or work experience, and have financial need. Click here for details. Questions, Email or call 619.814.1343 Click here for Scholarship Application Annual Deadline: February
Back to top
SEMA (Specialty Equipment Marketing Association) Automotive $2,000 to $5,000 Scholarships. Eligibility: U.S. Citizen enrolled full-time (12+ units), minimum 2.5 GPA, pursuing a career leading to a career in the automotive industry or related field, remain enrolled full-time following receipt of the award. Career path in the automotive industry: Accounting, Administration, Advertising, Design/Graphics, Engineering, Information Technology, Manufacturing, Photo/Journalism, Race Car Driver/Crew, Sales/Marketing, Technicians, and Transportation. Click here for details Questions, contact Juliet Marshall 909.978.6655. Annual Deadline: March
American Association of University Women (AAUW) Poway-Penasquito Branch: Re-entry Woman Scholarships for female high school graduate, or GED, without a bachelor’s or advanced degree, enrolled or accepted in a degree program at a college, taking courses towards a goal; 23 years or older, 2.0 GPA, enrolled in at least six units towards a stated goal, lives or attends school in North San Diego County. Click here for the details Annual Deadline: March 1st
CCC Real Estate Scholarship $400 per semester for students pursuing a major in Real Estate, completed at least one real estate course with “C” or better (2.0 GPA), must complete 6 units of Real Estate coursework each semester funded, and demonstrate financial need. Click here for eligibility guidelines and requirements. Click here for Checklist and Download Application Annual Deadline while funds last: March
$10,000 Greeting Card Scholarship Submit a unique photo, artwork or computer graphic for the front of a greeting card; designs must be appropriate for business and consumer use. The student with the best design will win a $10,000 scholarship and have their design made into an actual card. Click here for details. Review FAQs Official Rules. Annual Deadline: March
CANERS Foundation Scholarship for college students currently enrolled in six units or more in a program related to the Nursery industry or Horticulture related field. Click here for details and application. Deadline: March
Jeannette Rankin Women's Scholarship for low-income Women, 35 years or older, working to complete her college degree. Eligibility: A woman, U.S. citizen or permanent resident, Age 35 or older as of March 18, 2016, Low-income (financial guidelines are available on the website), pursuing a vocational education, an associate’s degree, or a first bachelor’s degree. Click here for details. Deadline: March
American Business Women’s Association (ABWA) Soaring Eagles Chapter $2,000 Scholarship for women who are U.S. Citizens, San Diego County residents, attending community college (freshman or sophomore), 2.5 or better GPA. Interested students must email: Suzanne Southwell. Annual Deadline March 31
North County African-American Women's Association (NCAAWA) Scholarships Female of African American descent, graduating high school senior, college, ROP, trade/adult school student. Residing or attend school in: Carlsbad, Escondido, Fallbrook, Oceanside, San Dieguito, San Marcos or Vista with a "C" average or above with good citizenship. Enrolled full-time (12 units) in college, ROP, trade or technical school for entering semester. MiraCosta College students win this scholarship each year. Application opens January 1 and must be postmarked by the deadline to be considered. Click here for details. Click here for Scholarship application. Annual Deadline: March 31.
The Latina Leadership Network (LLN) Student Scholarship provides four $500 community college scholarships. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: March
Back to top
Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) $1,000 to $5,000 Awards Eligibility: must be of Hispanic Heritage, college students must have a 2.5 or greater GPA (high school students 3.0+ GPA), plan to enroll full-time (12+ units) in college for fall semester, U.S. Citizen - Permanent Legal Resident - DACA - or Eligible Non-Citizen (as defined by FAFSA), must complete FAFSA or California Dream Act application. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: April 15
American Association of University Women (AAUW) Carlsbad-Oceanside-Vista (COV) $1,500.00 Scholarship. Eligibility: student currently enrolled at MiraCosta College, Palomar College, transferring or returning junior or senior at California State San Marcos. Must be planning to attend a college or university in San Diego County, is a resident of San Diego County, has completed a 24 or more college units, 12 in each of the last two semesters, is enrolled in 12 units for Spring 2017 with a minimum 3.0 GPA, and financial need will be considered. Click here for eligibility criteria. Click here for Application. Deadline: April 30
Hospitality Degrees $1,500 Scholarships. Click here for details. Deadlines: November 30 and April 30
Back to top
Nordson BUILDS $2,000-$10,000 Scholarships. Nordson offers three categories of scholarships: Career & Technical, University Scholars, and Creating Equity in Industry. Manufacturing industry scholarships are for individuals who live or go to college is near a Nordson facility.
- Nordson YESTECH, Computer & Electronics Manufacture, 2762 Loker Ave. W, Carlsbad, CA 92010.
- Students must be pursuing a major in manufacturing, engineering-related STEM disciplines, or business leading to a career in industry and corporate America.
- Selection is based on an academic performance, leadership skills, character, community service, school involvement, and the applicant's career/college major fit.
- Click here for details.
- Annual deadline: May
GFWC Contemporary Women of North County $1,500 Community College Scholarship for a Female student enrolled at MiraCosta or Palomar, 3.0 or higher GPA, financial need, volunteers in the community. Click here for the application. Deadline: May 15
San Diego Watercolor Society Merit Scholarships. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: May 15
San Diego Army ROTC Scholarship. San Diego State University (SDSU) Army ROTC trains Cadets/Students to become future commissioned officers in the army as well as leaders in the professional business world. Students must meet the criteria and be enrolled in an Army ROTC program as a full-time student at one of the five San Diego County university partners: SDSU, UCD, UCSD, Cal State San Marcos, and Point Loma Nazarene University. Award includes: full tuition and fees or $10,000 room/board; $1,200/year for books; and monthly stipend: $300 Freshmen, $350 Sophomore, $450 Junior, and $500 Senior. Questions, contact Mr. Gastelum or Mr. Vasquez at 619-594-4943. Eligibility Criteria: Be accepted into one of our of the program universities, and be a US Citizen, hold a cumulative college GPA of 2.5, be physically and medically qualified, and possess good moral character. Deadline: May 15
Back to top
- Disability Scholarships and Education website
- Disabled Student Scholarships
- Disability Scholarships for students with disabilities
- Diabetes Council - Diabetes Scholarship Resource -Educational resource focused on helping students with diabetes find scholarships. Topics include eligibility, how to apply, types of grants, and related information.
- How to Get Scholarships and Grants for Students with Disabilities
Back to top
National Federation of the Blind offers national and state scholarships to legally blind students each year ranging $3,000 to $12,000. Click here for details Questions, contact: Kia Vaca, National Federation of the Blind of California
Business Plan $1,000 Scholarship for Students with Disabilities. Submit a 500-1,000 word essay on “What I learned from writing a business plan.” Eligibility: Undergraduate or graduate students with a documented disability. Click here for details. Deadlines: April 2 and November 1
Action Behavior Center ABA Therapy $1,000 Scholarship for undergraduate students pursuing a degree in some field relating to research on Autism Spectrum Disorder or Clinical Therapy positions (psychology, applied behavior analysis, education, or a variety of natural or applied sciences). Click here for details. Deadline: November 30, 2017
American Association of Health & Disability (AAHD) Scholarship for a student with a disability enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, pursuing studies related to the health and disability: public health, health promotion, disability studies, disability research, rehabilitation engineering, audiology, disability policy, special education and majors that will impact quality of life of persons with disabilities. Click here for details. Annual deadline: November
ADHD $2,000 Scholarships Shire is awarding 50 scholarships plus one year of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) coaching to students to assist in meeting the challenges of higher education. Students must be legal U.S. residents diagnosed with ADHD, are accepted to or enrolled in undergraduate programs, and are under the care of a licensed health care professional for ADHD.
- ADHD & YOU website with helpful information for those with ADHD
Back to top
Foundation for Developmental Disabilities (FDD) Scholarships for students planning a career or presently working in the field of developmental disabilities, child development, or related field, residents of and attending college in San Diego and Imperial Counties. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: April 22
180 Medical $1,000 Scholarships for students attending a 2-year, 4-year, or graduate school program full-time in the fall. Applicants must be under a physician's care for a spinal cord injury, spina bifida, transverse myelitis, neurogenic bladder, or ostomy (ileostomy, colostomy, or urostomy), and legal U.S. resident. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: June 1
Back to top
California Council of the Blind Scholarships for students who are legally blind and are residents of California attending in-state or out-of-state institutions, and non-residents of California attending school in California. Students must be full-time (12 units), but if you have extenuating circumstances that do not enable you to meet the enrollment requirement, provide an explanation of your circumstances. Application must be typed. Click here to download application. Deadline: July 15
Back to top
Foster Youth Scholarships
- Fostering Change Visit the website for a list of former Foster Youth scholarships and information.
- Independent Living skills program resources and information
- Just in Time for Foster youth. Review the website for details
Fostering Opportunity Scholarships. Eligibility: must be attending college in San Diego County, enrolled in 9 or more units, 2.0 Grade Point Average (GPA). New applicants must submit proof of being in the San Diego County Foster Care Program (letter from CPS) and a letter of recommendation form a supportive adult. Click on the Students link at the top of the page for scholarship details. Download Application. Deadlines: Fall: June 30; Spring: October 10
Promises 2 Kids Guardian Scholarship.
- Eligibility: current or former San Diego County foster youth enrolled for the Fall semester full-time in a higher education program and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- If you will reside in San Diego, agree to be matched with a mentor. Meet monthly requirements with deadlines and maintain regular communication In the fall, obtain part-time employment, unless a special circumstance has been approved. Click here for details.
- Deadline: March
2018 Cal Coast Cares Foundation Foster Student Scholarship (2017 a MiraCosta student won $2,000)
- Eligibility: documentation that you were in a foster care program, cumulative high school or college grade point average 2.5 or greater.
- Essay 500 words “California Coast Credit Union, like all credit unions, was founded on the principle of people helping people. Please tell us about an experience where you used your time and talents to help an individual, a group or the community and how the scholarship funds would be use.”
- Include two Letters of Recommendation, an Official transcript, and completed application form. Click here for details.
- Helpful tip: discuss this application with your RAFFY Counselor, Jaymie Gonzaga.
- In 2017 MiraCosta RAFFY student, Adrian Ennis, won a $2,000 scholarship and is eligible for renewal.
- Annual Deadline: March
Change A Life Foundation Scholarship up to $5,000 for Foster Youth/Emancipated Youth/Non-Minor Dependent.
- Eligibility: foster youth, former foster youth, emancipated youth, ward of the court, or non-minor dependent. California Community College student transferring to a 4-year University Fall 2017 or a 12th grade student at California Public High School planning to attend a 4-year University Fall 2017;
- 2.5 GPA from community college courses. Must be at or below HUD Income Guidelines (listed on our website). Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
- Must provide evidence of community service & extracurricular activities such as school activities/clubs,employment and/or volunteer work.
- Click here for details. Questions, contact: Jaclyn Durante, 714.628.9999.
- Deadline: March
America's College Fund for Foster Youth - Casey Family Scholarships serves FOSTER Youth providing college scholarships, connecting with mentors and internships, sending care packages, or testifying before Congress. Click here for scholarships and grants. Annual Deadline: March
Back to top
Health Profession Scholarships
- Campus RN Scholarship Funds - click here for a list of Scholarships for Nursing & Allied Health Students
- Assoc. of Surgical Technologist (AST.org)
- Back to School Nursing Scholarships
- CA Choose Nursing Scholarship Programs
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography Scholarships
- Find CNA classes provides a list of Nursing Scholarships
- Medical Assistant Certification.org
- Minority Nurse Scholarships
- Nursing Careers Guide and Nursing Entrance Exams Guide
- Nursing College Resource Network database
- Nursing and Medical Assisting Associate Degree Scholarship
- Nursing Scholarships
- RN to BSN Directory of Nursing Scholarships
- San Diego National Assoc. of Hispanic Nurses (SDNAHN)
- SMDEP: Summer Medical and Dental Educational Program.
Back to top
2017 Healthcare Leaders $1,000 Scholarship for students entering or currently pursuing an educational program related to nursing or medicine, must be at least 17 years and have a 3.0+ GPA. Submit a 600 - 1,000-word essay explaining what you hope to accomplish during your career in the medical field and how the scholarship would fulfill those goals. Recommended topics are included in the Personal Essay section. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: January
After College AACN $2,500 Scholarship for student seeking a baccalaureate, masters or doctoral degree in Nursing. Special consideration will be given to students in a graduate program with the goal of becoming a nurse educator; students completing an RN-to-BSN or RN-to-MSN program; and those enrolled in an accelerated program. Click here for details. Deadlines: March 31, December 31, September 30, and June 30
Healthgrad.com $2,000 Healthcare Leadership Scholarship. Applicants must be enrolled in a health related program to be eligible to apply. Essay: 800-1,000 words “If you could change one thing about our health care system, what would it be and why?” Click here for details. Deadlines: November 1 and May 1.
HRSA NURSE Corps Scholarship Program enables students accepted or enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate or graduate nursing programs, including RN to BSN, RN to MSN-NP, Direct Entry MSN-NP program to receive funding for tuition, fees and other educational costs in exchange for working at an eligible NURSE Corps site upon graduation. Review the Application and Program Guide, to make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the NURSE Corps contract, which outlines the requirement for fulfilling a minimum two years of service at an eligible Critical Shortage Facility. Watch a pre-recorded webinar. Click here for details. Deadline: May
Back to top Medical Assistant Degrees $500 Scholarship. Submit a 750-1,00 word essay on why you wish to pursue a career in the healthcare field. Click here for details. Deadlines: December 31 and June 30
NurseJournal.org $3,000 Global Health Scholarship Essay 500-800 words: “There is an urgent need for global health professionals to address delivery strategies for the provision of critical health services both domestic and abroad. What kind of skills do you think are necessary to be an effective global health professional in the face of a pandemic?” Click here for details. Deadline: July
ACLS $1,000 Scholarship for Healthcare Providers. Essay: 750-1,000 words “Discuss emergency medical care from the perspective of a medical student. Basic life support is a critical skill for all healthcare providers and advanced and pediatric life support are also practiced by certain nurses and physicians depending on where they are working. Explain how you will prepare mentally and physically before performing life saving techniques on patients in your career.” Click here for details. Deadline: August 19, 2017
Kaiser Permanente Deloras Jones RN Academic Excellence Scholarship for those attending an approved nursing program. Applicants must have completed one semester of nursing coursework and have an adjusted gross income of less than $50,000 per family member. Click here for details. Deadline: September 1, 2017
LPN BSN.net $250 Education Scholarship Research and write a 1,000+ word essay on “The Nursing Shortage in the U.S. “Describe the state of the current nursing shortage in the U.S., explore how the nursing shortage affects healthcare in the U.S., propose solutions to address the nursing shortage, describe how the nursing shortage will affect or currently affects your ability to give patient care. Click here for details Annual Deadline: October, 31
Back to top
ADNursing Ten $500 Scholarships. The California Organization of Associate Degree Nursing Directors (COADN) Southern Leadership is offering scholarships to ADN students in Southern California. Eligibility: Nursing student in 2nd, 3rd or 4th semester in a CA Associate Degree Nursing Program; US citizen with California residency, GPA of 3.0 or higher. Click here to download application. Annual Deadline: April 4
California Organization of Associate Degree NURSING Directors (Southern) Leadership $500 Scholarships. Nursing student of good standing in second, third, or fourth semester in a California Associate Degree Nursing Program; and verified by nursing faculty/program director. US citizen with California residency, GPA of 3.0 or higher. Download Application. Deadlines: April 7
Back to top
Hispanic Latino Scholarships
- AB540 Undocumented Immigrant College & Financial Aid Guide
- AB540 Scholarships Pathway to Success
- AB540 Resources for Immigrant Students
- Scholarships and financial aid for Hispanic students
- National Latino & American Indian Scholarships CD Directory is available in the MiraCosta College Library Hub, Oceanside campus, in the Reference Section.
The Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges is pleased to announce that applications are available for the 2014 LLN Student Scholarship Awards. The LLN Student Scholarship is designed to provide 4 $500 community college scholarships. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: January
BECA Foundation, Inc. $500- $1,000 scholarships for San Diego County high school graduates entering college in the fall; Click here for details.
Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) Must be a member for at least six months to apply for scholarships. Scholarship Program offers several scholarships ranging in value from $1,000 - $5,000. Scholarships for undergraduate students at 2-year or 4-year institutions in various fields of study. Click here for scholarships.
Chicano Organizing & Research in Education (CORE) Scholarship . Eligibility: undocumented Chicano/Latino high school student/GED graduate enrolling for the first time in an accredited college with financial need and academic potential. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: February
MANA Scholarships. Recipients are selected based on a number of academic and non-academic factors including leadership, community engagement, educational and professional goals, financial need and special circumstances. Scholarships are awarded and recipients and their families celebrated at an annual Scholarship Reception. Click here for details; questions call MANA at 619.297.0115.Annual Deadline: February
San Diego National Assoc. of Hispanic NURSES (SDNAHN) . Eligibility: must be in an accredited nursing program with at least one semester of studies completed. Download Application Deadlines: November 1 and March 1
Assoc. of Raza Educators (A.R.E.), scholarships for undocumented college students and graduating high school seniors. Scholarships are based on need and active participation in community. Students complete an application and, interview process. Click here for details. Annual Scholarship. Deadline: Annual March
Hispanic Business Women Association (NHBWA) Scholarship. Download Guidelines and Application Deadline: Annual March
Abraham & Lillian Turk Scholarships for graduating high school seniors or those who have graduated within the last five years and have not yet attended a post high school institution. Up to 20 scholarship awards, up to $10,000 each, to San Diego graduating high school seniors to attend college or vocational school; applicant must meet the program requirements. Click here for details. Click here to apply. Deadline: Annual March
Back to top
VETERANS United Scholarship Program funded by employee donations. Award five $2,000 biannual scholarships. Eligibility: have a connection to the military by being one of the following: Veteran, Active-duty, military spouse, child of a military member or veteran; pursuing a post-secondary degree, submit a transcript 2.5 GPA, and submit a 750-word essay based on three prompts, Apply online. Deadlines: Fall: October 1-31, Spring: April 1–30
Frances & Earl Perry Memorial Veterans $5000 Scholarship for Veterans and children of veterans. Essay: 700-1500 words Click here for details. Annual Deadline: April
Hill & Ponton Veteran's Scholarship offering four $1,000 merit based scholarships awarded two in the fall and two in spring to veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. Click here for details. Deadlines: November 1 and May 1
VA Expands Fry Scholarship to Surviving Spouses of service members who died on active duty. Click here for details. Click here for VA-Form 22-5490 and send a copy via the GI Bill website using the “Ask a Question” button. You may also mail the completed form to your nearest Regional Processing Office, or call 1.888.442.4551 to request an application.
Hope For The Warriors® Scholarships for legal spouses or caregivers of U.S. military service members who were wounded, injured or killed while in the line of duty between 2001 and the present. Annual Deadline October
Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund honors bravery and dedication to those who sacrificed life/limb defending our country by providing educational scholarships to their children. Click here for details.
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation, Inc. applicants must be the son or daughter of military personnel, View the eligibility in mid-February, apply online. Click here for details.
My CAA* Grant Program for Military Spouses (*Career Advancement Account)
Military Spouse Association of Camp Pendleton offers Camp Pendleton Officers' Spouses' Club (OSC) annual Scholarships to individuals whose sponsors are active duty members of the Navy, Marine Corps or sister services stationed at Camp Pendleton. The sponsor may be enlisted, an officer, or honorably retired from the Navy or Marine Corps by the time the application is submitted. Individuals whose Navy or Marine Corps sponsor is deceased may also apply. All applicants, must live within a 50-mile radius of Camp Pendleton. Click here for details. Annual Deadline: February
Back to top
Study Abroad Scholarships
MiraCosta College Institute of International Perspectives - visit their office on the Oceanside campus for study abroad opportunities and scholarships.
- Click here to read the adventures of a MiraCosta College student studying abroad in Salamanca, Spain.
Benjamin A. Gilman Study Abroad Scholarships for students planning to study abroad; awards up to $5,000. The Gilman Scholarship Program is open to U.S. citizen undergraduate students who completed a FAFSA and are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study and intern abroad programs worldwide. Click here for details
AIFS Study Abroad Ambassador $1,000 Scholarships for fall semester. Contact the MiraCosta College International Office for details.
MoneyGeek.com Paying for Study Abroad. Click here for details.
FlipKey Study Abroad Scholarship for full-time students, 18 years or older, enrolled in a current or upcoming study abroad program. Submit a 1,000-word essay to firstname.lastname@example.org describing why travel is important to you. Click here for details.
Going Global: A College Student’s Road Map to Studying Abroad. Click here for details.
Asia Learn, Scholarship China, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, and Thailand.
David L. Boren Scholarships Nat’l Security Edu Program for undergraduates, U.S. citizen, GED or high school graduate, study abroad in a country outside Western Europe/Canada/Australia/New Zealand. Click here for details
CEA Global Education Scholarships Argentina, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Czech republic, England, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, South Africa, Spain
CIS Abroad: Australia, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Ecuador, England, France, Ghana, Hawaii, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Scotland, South Africa, Spain, and Thailand.
ISA: Internships & Service Learning program locations: Chile, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, India, Ireland, Jordan, Morocco, Peru, South Africa
ISAC (India Study Abroad Center) Scholarships
Italia Rail - Italy is open to those who have enrolled in their college or university's Study Abroad program in Italy.
International Scholarship Search is the premier financial aid, college scholarship and international scholarship resource for students wishing to study abroad.
KEI: Knowledge Exchange Institute Study and Intern abroad in your major.
Back to top
4-Year Colleges & Universities
University of California (UC) BLUE & GOLD Opportunity Plan is a financial aid program intended to expand access to UC for lower-income students. UC's Blue and Gold Opportunity Plan will ensure that you will not have to pay UC’s system wide tuition and fees out of your own pocket if you are a California resident whose total family income is less than $80,000 a year and you qualify for financial aid. Click here for details.
California State University San Marcos (CSUSM) Scholarships.
- Click here for Instructions on how to apply.
- Click here for the application website.
- Annual Deadline: March 1st, but check the website for updates
Pomona College - Claremont Colleges, Claremont, CA The HATOFF-SWAN Scholarship was created at Pomona College with the hope of supporting a MiraCosta College transfer student. Students who have applied to Pomona College should inquire about the "full-ride" HATOFF-SWAN Transfer scholarship.
- Students must complete a FAFSA and be accepted to Pomona College to be eligible for the scholarship. Contact Pomona College for information. Click here for a list of majors at Pomona
- *Pomona College is one of the Claremont Colleges located in Claremont, California. The Claremont Colleges are a consortium of five undergraduate liberal arts colleges, two graduate institutions and Claremont University Consortium, which provides shared institutional support services reminiscent of the Oxford-Cambridge model. The undergraduate colleges include Pomona College, Scripps College, Claremont McKenna College, Harvey Mudd College, and Pitzer College.
Arizona State University scholarships
Azusa Pacific Univ San Diego Scholarships
Cal State University, FULLERTON scholarships. CSU Scholarship Program for Future Scholars applications available in the MiraCosta scholarship office
- Click here for CSUF Guardian Scholars Program information and application (open October - January)
Colorado State University- Western Undergraduate exchange (WUE) Transfer Scholar Award. Transfer Student Center Information: (970) 491-1858, or email TransferStudentCenter@colostate.edu.
Mount St.. Mary’s College, Los Angeles, CA. offers merit scholarships up to $16,000 per school year to l students interested in applying for Fall 2014. Questions: Call (310) 954-4250.
National University Scholarships and National University Transfer to Success Scholarship
Pepperdine University Online Bachelor of Science in Management program is geared toward evening students and/or working professionals. MiraCosta College has a TAG Agreement with Pepperdine University and the TAG will not only guarantee a pathway into the BSM program, it will also provide students with a $3,000 scholarship towards their first term. The TAG Scholarship is part of a larger scholarship that could potentially cover up to30% of tuition costs. Contact the MiraCosta Transfer Center for details regarding TAG..
San Diego CHRISTIAN College Call 1-(800)-672-2242
Saint Mary’s College, Moraga, CA Honors Entrance $14,000 Scholarship to all transfer students with 30 or more transferable units, 3.5 or higher cumulative GPA, plus a competitive $5,000 scholarships for students who are members of either Phi Theta Kappa or Alpha Gamma Sigma honor societies. Click here to schedule a visit, and click on visiting campus or call 925.631.4983.
SDSU - San Diego State University scholarships
TEXAS A&M University -Bush School of Government & Public Service
University of California, BERKELEY (CAL): The Leadership Award Alumni Scholarship is a one-year, merit-based scholarship that recognizes Cal students who demonstrate innovative, motivational leadership impacting their academic, work, or community environments
- UC BERKELEY: The Achievement Award Program is a four-year scholarship program for incoming freshman students and a two-year scholarship program for incoming junior transfer students. Only incoming Cal students are eligible to apply for this scholarship program. The scholarship is renewable, provided recipients meet the following program requirements. Scholarship Connection is UC Berkeley's clearinghouse for scholarships information on that are funded by sources outside the University.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Alumni Assoc. merit-based scholarships.
University of California, Riverside (UCR) - scholarship information.
University of California, San Diego (UCSD)- - scholarship information.
USC Norman Topping Student Aid Fund (NTSAF) Scholarship program for entering students. Deadline May 8, 2013. Contact: Felipe Martinez (213) 740-7575 email@example.com
Back to top
- Automotive Scholarships:
- FastWeb: complete an online profile to access scholarships, tips on how to apply, organize and manage your lists, avoid scholarship scams, etc.
- Chegg.com for a list of monthly scholarships available.
- College Resource Network
- International students
- MBA - how to pay for the Masters
- MiraCosta College Financial Aid Office
- Princeton Review
- Scholarships4School.com - scholarships listed by category
- Undocumented Students Scholarship Information.
- Women Pursuing A Master's - Scholarship Information.
- Scholarship Guide for Women
- MoneyGeek.com Scholarships and Grants for Women
Back to top