MiraCosta Volunteer Program
Join our team and discover the power of service!
Are you a student who likes to help others and make a difference in the community? If so, the MiraCosta Volunteer Program is for you! Join our team of enthusiastic students who change lives and improve communities. Students who enroll in this rewarding program will:
- receive information about volunteer events and opportunities
- be invited to special events and gatherings
- record their volunteer hours and receive a service history document
- be eligible to apply for service/volunteer scholarships
- explore careers and network with professionals
- have the opportunity to work with diverse groups of individuals
- develop a sense of civic responsibility for the issues that impact your community
- write about these experiences in their personal statements when applying for UC or private schools
- be eligible to earn awards:
- 50 service hours: MCC Volunteer Service Award. Time Cards are Due April 15
- 100 service hours: Presidential Service Award, presented by the Corporation for National and Community Service. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to apply. Time Cards are Due April 1
- 100+ service hours: MiraCosta Presidential Volunteer Award, presented by the MiraCosta Office of the President. This award is for those student's who are not eligible for Presidential Service Awards.
- Volunteer Time Sheet
Visit the Service Learning and Volunteer Center to learn more about this exciting program and to pick up a time card.
"It is easy to get caught up in a busy lifestyle, but it takes just a couple of hours to remind yourself why you are really here and the purpose of life." - Kaley Badger, MiraCosta Student