How to Start a Club at MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College students have the opportunity to form their own student clubs. In order to be granted recognition as an official student club, a group must submit an online Petition for Club Recognition and a club constitution. Clubs must have the following to be considered for recognition:
- A draft constitution;
- An identified campus;
- A minimum of ten (l0) active members. Club members must be enrolled MiraCosta College students;
- Clubs with the same name and purpose, claiming separate home campuses, may not appoint the same officers and the same active members;
- A membership list of currently enrolled students including names, phone number of elected officers;
- An ICC representative to attend ICC meetings;
- The name & signature of a faculty or staff member who has agreed to serve as the advisor-of-record to the group and who will attend group meetings and functions.
Once the Petition for Recognition and supporting documents are submitted, the packet will be reviewed for completeness and then be forwarded to the Inter-Club Council (ICC) for consideration.
The ICC Chair will contact your club to schedule a date for your members to present your petition to the ICC Full Council. If approved by the ICC, the petition will be considered by the Associated Student Government for final approval (Ed Code Section 76060). Once approved by the ASG, your club must attend a mandatory training workshop hosted by the Inter-Club Council & the Student Activities Office.
Club petitions will not be accepted past Spring Break for the current academic year.
- Club Petition Start up Packet 2017-2018(PDF)
- Petition for Club Recognition Worksheet (WORD)
- Petition for Club Recognition
- Sample Constitution (WORD)
Club Advisor Interest Form
Are you a faculty or staff member interested in serving as a club advisors?
Complete our Club Advisor Interest form so we can contact you when a club is in need of an advisor.